Saturday 2 August 2014

Seven seconds away

Keep on keeping on
02.08.2014
Day 112

Parkrun. Two weeks ago phenomenal improver John Barron (V55) promised he'd try to pace me for sub 23 minutes athe Hillyfields Parkrun. After last night's drinking and over eating I felt a little nauseated, so perhaps this wasn't the best Saturday to choose. However, I worked hard and tried to stay with John. The first two laps were all I could manage and my man, my 'running husband' started to pull away from me for the third mile, staying a good half minute in front of me. To add insult to injury, three fleet women (one in my age cat, so I didn't even get 1st V50 woman), passed me during the last kilometre.
Train seriously from now on. Sleep more. Eat less sugar. Run hills. Run 7 seconds faster and you'll have a PB. Run 11 seconds faster and you've broken 23mins.
Hilly Fields parkrun results for event #102. Your time was 00:23:10.

No comments:

Post a Comment