Friday 22 August 2014

While the world sleeps....

The gazelles leap up hills in Greenwich Park
22.08.2014
Day 132

When your alarm clock is set for 5am, so you can be picked up by your mate for hill training, you don't really want to have a sleeples night. However, that was this gazelle's lot today.
On Facebook 'We Are Gazelles' we egg each other on and invite each other to sign up for marathons and hardnut challenges. As the oldest in the pack, I have to remind myself not to get too carried away with the bravado. These boys, Steve, Andy, Matty, are fit, fast and not Female, by which I mean they're not weighed down by domestics. In that truly man way, they have managed to continue with their punishing fitness regimes and deal with jobs, fatherhood etc etc. Once again, my inward lament is 'oh why can't a woman be more like a man?'
If this woman could just divest herself of the physical ravages visited on her pelvic floor  by three pregnancies at certain times of the month, she'd be happy. Running fast down steep hills was a no no today. Perhaps the lack of sleep also makes my floor weak. Time to reacquaint myself with the Pelvictoner, I fear.
While others scorch downhill, this doe scampers with caution. Still, on the uphill sprints I reign supreme (among the girls, at least...as long as speedy Carly Jane O'Hara is absent).

No comments:

Post a Comment