Wednesday 6 August 2014

Weightless but breathless

Love Lewisham's Glassmill pool
06.08.2014
Day 116
It's Wednesday so it must be wetside. Thirty minutes to complete 24 lengths of the (25m) pool to take the weight off my legs and do the necessary aerobic activity without pounding tarmac. Gazing right to the three faster lanes, stroke envy dominates. My inefficient breastroke and the fact that front crawl can only be maintained for half a length and that with my head fixed under water and my lungs screaming for oxygen make booking one-to-one swimming lessons a priority. Last week I signed up for this, which means a water baby deadline has been imposed. Swimming brings joy and should not be missed from serious training, especially when that training is taking place in the teeth of hormonal and emotional  turmoil, which I refuse to give in to. I'd quite like to see the Burt Lancaster film that was the inspiration for  The Swimmer  escapades in London. That will perhaps be the reward for gaining my water wings.

No comments:

Post a Comment