Monday 25 August 2014

Land of plenty

Best in show

25. 08.2014
Day 135
The reason for this land's greenness and pleasantness is, of course, plentiful rainfall. August Bank Holiday Monday is the traditional day on which to experience it. For me, this day was a rest day. No running, but the plan was for an early doors boot sale and a local village produce show. Enjoyment of both was rather compromised by incessant rain. After both holiday activities I mounted the bike for my return home to the smoke. A total of 20 odd miles in rain that became heavier and heavier. From King's Cross to Catford I pedalled through torrents, wet through to my underwear. An unhappy casualty of this deluge has been my health (sore throat, headache) and my phone, which was drenched and now has gone beserk. We have also suffered an indoor deluge. The rain has come into the sitting room, soaking the bookshelves and cascading through the cracked ceiling above a bay window, which threatens to come away from the rest of the house. Rainy unhappy returns.  

No comments:

Post a Comment