Thursday 21 August 2014

Snooze and lose

That was me, this morning
21.08.2014
Day 131

7.30am. I open my eyes. I am supposed to be circuit training a mile away in 20 minutes. I close my eyes.
A session missed at this stage in marathon training (about two weeks to go) is no great loss, in truth, so it's odd to feel like the sky has fallen in. That's because my oversleeping is symptomic of a more general loss of order in life. Concerns about debt, career, family, marriage, encroach into my dreams and when the semi-wakened sleep darkens into oblivion, it's morning time already and I'm in another tailspin.
So today was just cycle to work and back. And a lot of sitting on my arse, squinting at a screen, to earn a crust. And talking of which, too many cortisol-feeding carbs were eaten.


No comments:

Post a Comment