Monday 4 August 2014

Light

Make like a sunflower and greet the sun
04.08.2014
Day 114
Being deskbound 9.30am-5.30pm in a magazine office means you really appreciate the light mornings and rosy dusk of late evenings, when you can run before or after office hours. When those hours begin to darken, many runners begin their rage against the dying of the light. Today I felt the lack of light most keenly. It was beginning to get dark at 8.45pm when I cycled back from the Royal Albert Hall (post work prom) - not a great time to discover the batteries in your back light have died. At home, I was stumbling about in darkness trying to feed daughter's rabbits and prevent them from jumping out of their hutches while I filled their bowls with lovingly prepared chopped veg. More importantly, I have to squeeze in training runs either side of the working day and its cycling commute. It won't be long before they are in darkness. I hope my blue sky thinking isn't affected.

No comments:

Post a Comment