Tuesday 5 August 2014

A bit mental

Will Prof Green train with Erik? Wish it were 1:19hr half marathoner Example moving in opposite
05.08.2014
Day 115

'You'd be surprised,' says Erik Lee, eccentric PT, looking across the road to Professor Green's nearly finished Hillyfields des res, 'what you can do when you go mental.'
He looks down at me, sweatily maintaining the plank position and contemplating straightening my quivering arms for one more rep of 'up and down on the bosu' ( I really cannot explain this move but it's all in the arms, shoulders and core).
'Team Ronnie, you know that for you to have mental conditioning you have to go mental.'
Going mental means, in this context, both counting the reps in your head and firing up your muscles to produce explosive, strong movements. I know that I would not have the mental strength to do this sort of training on my own, so to have Erik Lee watching and recording my mental and physical efforts  is for me, worth every penny of the small fee I pay him.
And so to work, with the after effects of more than 100 Scorpion reps in my hip flexors, which ache like crazy when I get up from my desk every hour or so.
After work, it's Kent AC and track training in preparation for Thursday's race, about which I am already nerve wracked. We did warm up mile, then 1200m, 6x400m, then cool down mile. My mental state now is endorphin soothed. My arse is sore, my core on the floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment