Monday 18 August 2014

A bit of a drip

Facing the weary ride home
18.08.2014

Day 128
Some days everything seems like too much trouble. Despite being grateful for a day's working writing an advertorial in an office that I like, for a generous daily rate, I just did not want to be at work. I was dispirited by my fatigue from yesterday's long run. I could not summon up any self control when faced with the biscuit tin and the peanut butter jar, and I almost wept , on finally arriving home, when I realised that after dinner I was supposed to fill out a long and intrusive application for a grant to finance my daughter's music tuition. When fatigue is this demoralising and insidious, you wonder why you train, why you care about race times, why you make yourself jump through these hoops, often in the rain. It is the change in the weather, I think, that has filled me with gloom. Perhaps it is also being faced with the reality, while declaring my income to the Powers that Be, I find that I've had quite a lucrative year, but I am still as poor as a church mouse. Thank goodness running requires no fancy equipment. It is probably the only thing I can afford to do. I just need to do it faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment