Saturday 9 August 2014

A better class of park

The Household Cavalry clop back to barracks
09.08.2014
Day 119
Finding myself out west this morning, I took advantage of the lovely location and replaced my usually exhausting Hillyfields parkrun with a languid five miler around Hyde Park and environs. Speed was immaterial, except I'm a great one for cranking up the pace to lope past a woman ahead of me. Especially if she has immaculate gear and a swinging ponytail and wears earphones and looks like a JOGGER. When I wasn't being so petty I was admiring my glorious surroundings. London's Royal Parks are one of the Big Smoke's most attractive attributes. The morning sun glinting off the Albert Memorial's outrageous gold extravagance, the beauty of the Serpentine lake (where I shall take to the water on 11 Oct), the lofty trees and generous greensward....it may not be as picturesque as my beloved Greenwich Royal, but Hyde Park is one classy park.

No comments:

Post a Comment