Monday 1 September 2014

Working backwards

counting sheep
1 September 2014
Day 142

Wise friend Carrie said to me, when I was angsting about rest and recovery, particularly in view of the coming Stonehenge to Avebury test, that I should learn to treat the bedtime deadline with as much respect as the going to work one in the morning. When you have to be at work for 9.30am, you set your alarm accordingly, to make sure that there's time to fit in all the faffing before you get on your bike. Yet we, or should I say I, let panic about undone chores push bedtime later and later, with the result that there's no reading, no calming yoga practice, no pleasureable bathtime and annointing of runner's body with arnica oil and lavender balm. Just a shut down of lap top and a topple into bed, where husband lies snoring. No wonder I lie awake fretting. The plan wa today to work backwards from the ideal 10pm shut down, and eave myself enough time to achieve it. Not done today, sadly.

No comments:

Post a Comment