Wednesday 3 September 2014

Tiny tri

London Fields Lido
03.09.2014
Day 144

You've got to love London Fields Lido. It's big (50m), it's warm (25 degreesC today), it's clean and much cheaper than my local, Charlton. Today was a nostalgia trip, for LFL was where I used to convene with best London buddy Ruth Jarvis. We'd do our 20 lengths, bemoan the fact that we're such crap swimmers, then repair to her house across the park to eat expensive artisan bread and butter scrambled egg.  She's far, far away, with bike and boyfriend, while I test my run-to-swim-to-run technique for The Swimmer, wearing my zip-up costume under my running gear and eschewing towel dry for run dry. There was even a bit of cycling involved today. A teeny, tiny triathlon, if you will. I shall never do a proper one, though, as open water swimming is too scary to contemplate. Hampstead Ponds, lovely lidos and a little bit of seaside is the most open water I'll ever contemplate.

No comments:

Post a Comment