Tuesday 2 September 2014

Hands up if you can

Erik
Note the shirt
2.09.2014
Day 143

Normal service was resumed this morning. Circuits overseen by Erik 
His bons mots always cheer. Today I had him snap this rather fetching image of me performing shoulder presses with a 9kg medicine ball. Alzheimer's Society shirt will be the one I wear for the big race this weekend. Always best to make sure a new garment doesn't chafe or anything. The gear is especially relevant since I am always banging on about the completely unnecessary seizing up of the arms and legs as you get old. I've gone on about it in this blog, I know. At what stage do older people stop trying to reach items on high shelves? At what stage does this render them incapable of raising an arm straight into the air? I have resolved to reach for sky, with or without medecine ball, daily. And stand on one leg. And do over 100 tricep dips and perform the crab every day until...I die?
So there's that. And then there's Kent AC track training in a couple of hours. Better to be busy.
This morning: 5x cicuits involving shoulder presses, weight raises, weighted lunges, battle rope, in and out, underground, tyre slam and I think that's it.  Unround those shoulders.

No comments:

Post a Comment