Monday 8 September 2014

No achey, no breaky, just bit shaky

Default postition
08.09.2014
Day 151

How lovely to have the option to 'work from home', or 'be unemployed', 'resting', or however you want to put it to make yourself feel better.
I am suspiciously not suffering any DOMS (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness) following Saturday's marathon-and-a-bit. Certainly I did not try as hard as I did at Berlin, when I had the worst aching ever, but then neither did I sleep on the overnight train from Paris, with too little food to eat immediately after the marathon. Mostly the lack of ache is, I reckon, attributable to the trail. Not running hard and as fast as possible on tarmac has reduced the inflammation and helped my poor old joints. That said, I have stretched assiduously, slept long and late, eaten almost constantly, so looking after number one has been more of a priority in the days immediately after this, my ninth marathon. As always, after a greatly anticipated race, my mood is fragile. So for the mid September sunshine, the absent snoring husband, the prospect of a few big dinners with my son, who's come to stay from his home in Berlin for a week, I am duly grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment