Friday 24 April 2015

The psychosomatic disorder known as maranoia

Me and my girls: Buggyrunners Greenwich Park
The park prepares
24.04.2015
Day 373
Up to Greenwich on bike to coach, walking to and from Brockley, thence to eat in Shoreditch with cool cats - hipsters of the feline variety.

Plenty food, a little more time spent on feet than I'd have liked, and an early night dosed up with cold remedy. That is how I am dealing with this worrying hint of a sore throat, muzzy head, achey legs and general shiveryness. I am hoping it is all in my head and caused by huge anxiety. The weather forecast looks unpromising, I am worried that my pacer Siggy will have to leave me trailing in her 8:20m/m wake. I am worried that my body will let me down. I am worried that the rest of my club will have to commiserate rather than congratulate, when the 44 of us debrief after the race in the pub Sunday lunchtime. There are so many worries. And one more day.

No comments:

Post a Comment