Friday 3 April 2015

Peak mileage

Only one buggy runner in Greenwich

Rewards for high mileage: hot cross buns 
03.04.2015
Day 353
Eight miles at an attempt at marathon pace, but tired legs. Cycling and buggy runner coaching

An active day, fuelled by refined flour. I ran my last eight of this monster week, to bring total mileage to just over 52 miles. I still need to find the time for a 21 miler. My legs are tired. I hae eaten well, but unwisely, with too many hot cross buns, doughballs and pizza. A big family do to celebrate daughter's birthday, big solo in Allegri's Miserere Mei and her cousin's fantastic try for the SA Stormers against the All Blacks - now there's several years of training seriously - in Pizza Hut, South Bank. This kicks of a weekend of Easter feasting with no opportunities to run, although I may get a chance on Monday. Funny how 7:50 miling felt comfortable at the beginning o this high mileage week, whereas today, I struggled to get to 8m/m, pooped.

No comments:

Post a Comment