Saturday 18 April 2015

A PB's a PB, however small the margin

Blossoming. Hillyfields Parkrun
18.04.2015
Day 368
Schedule says 30mins easy. I did Parkrun, and tried quite hard. I weighed self and was dismayed to see I'd put on at least 2kg
Hilly Fields parkrun results for event #141. Your time was 00:23:00. 
1m warm up beforehand, jog/walk home. Cycled to and from Dulwich

This was the first time Hillyfields Parkrun had pacers. Sarah, tapering sensibly, paced sub 25mins. I tried to hang on to a bloke pacing sub 22, and of course failed.
A Hillyfields Parkrun personal best for me, though, even if it is only by 4 seconds. I spoke to a fellow runner, the father of my son's friend, who is turning 50 in July. We challenged each other to a sub 23 PB by end of July. I will get there.
Irritatingly, I found I was not first V50 woman, as I usually am, as the woman who overtook me halfway through proved to be a lot more mature than she looked, and ran half a minute faster than me.
More buoyed up by the news that my mate Siggy, whom I beat regularly over both Hillyfields and, now, half-marathon distance, ran Paris in 3:48. I say, if she can do it, I can do it. I am registering with her on Thur, at the marathon expo, so will spend my time quizzing her about food, drink, rest, sleep and the rest. We have a lot in common, as I found when I ran Hackney Half Marathon with her last June. So it makes sense to model myself on her. It's a shame she is not vegetarian. I suspect that she hasn't chunked up as much as me, either
It's quite depressing looking at the Kenyans' vital statistics in the Marathon magazine. Most of the womn weigh well under 50kg, and I am now about 55. After the event I shll have to reduce the toast and peanut butter intake.

No comments:

Post a Comment