Wednesday 15 April 2015

365 Serious Days trained. A numbers game explained

I'm so excited!
15.04.2015
Day 365
Core session at home, cycling to and from Central YMCA, 25min swim. 

During my cross training meditations I crunched numbers (and munched carrot cake, but that was my pre-cycle home fuelling, and it was free with My John Lewis card). The numbers had both domestic and marathon significance.
The reason I can taper so lovingly is become I am currently without work. The upshot of being without work is I cannot spend money. The roof needs further attention as a chunk of it came down in the night, with more bits looking as if they might follow. We need to earn money to pay for roof, but I'm enjoying being time rich and cash poor; for the taper, at least.
Today was entirely free. My membership to central YMCA is courtesy of Bournemouth YMCA, whom I'm running a half marathon for in October, although I have to do a little fundraising ... so I'm desperately thinking about finances, doing accounts, sending out invoices, chasing up little leads for work, but in a vaguely half cocked way, because I'm enjoying the bright warm sunshine as I pedal my running legs, stopping to leave Buggyrunner fliers all over Southwark, thrilling to see evidence of the city's preparation for the best marathon in the world, and crunching numbers of the minute/mile variety.
If I can stick to 8.45 for the whole 26.....should I start at 8.55 or even 9 to save juice? Or should I be bold. Round they whirl in my fevered brain.
And can I afford the £26 to enter the North Downs Run in June?

No comments:

Post a Comment