Thursday 9 April 2015

AM Fitness, PM nerviness

The girls train hard
09.04.2015
Day 359
Morning training with Erik and Team 6
This evening....soon, a 5km race for Kent AC

It is the first fixture of 2015's Assembly League in two hours time. I am very nervous. This is because last season I ran well and picked up the V50 gong.
Today, however, I am nursing aches and pains from marathon training and I'm still psyched out by a horrible dream I had about the Virgin London Marathon in 17 DAYS' time, in which the race seemed to take place mostly indoors and up flights of stairs, then in people's gardens. About half way throughI looked at my watch to see it tip over the 4hr mark.
When I awoke I was reminded of the horror of seeing 4:01 on the timings for the Mallorca Marathon last year, when I'd confidently expected 3:50.
And tonight, a fast 5k on tired legs. Followed by a few hours sleep before taking son number two to the coach station for a 4.30am departure. Antsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment