Friday 17 April 2015

Setting my sights

Greenwich this morning. Butter wouldn't melt
17.04.2015
Day 367
Rest day. Buggy Runners coaching, cycling, walking, eating

A bit of a blip this evening, a lovely but extremely garrulous house guest has kept me from my bed and the healthy routine I've promised myself for the next nine evenings. If it's only one out of 9, though, I'll be all right. It's important to think positive and set my thoughts on happy outcomes from now on. The shin splint of yesterday's feverish imaginings seems to have worn off. Mostly, these last self-indulgent days should be cherished. Permission is given to be a little more selfish, a little more greedy and 100% confident in my own abilities. I have run 3:57 – most importantly I have run 26 miles in 3:57 with the last few miles considerably faster than the 20-odd preceding them. I know what it is to feel strong and able, my half-marathon times suggest a 3:45 full one. It can be all good.
All shall be well. And all shall be well. And all manner of thing shall be well


No comments:

Post a Comment