Saturday 24 May 2014

The Organo Gold effect?

Soaking wet but happier with my time
24.05.2014

Bleary with last night's vodka, soaked by heavy rain, I jogged in a state of some apprehension to Hillyfields Parkrun. After the gallingly slow run of two weeks ago, when I struggled to keep up with women I usually beat,  I was damned if I was going to suffer such ignominy again, except somehow, the vodka last night went down just too easily...
Still I was up in time to eat some Crunchy Nut Cornflakes and drink a cup of Organo Gold Coffee, which contains ganoderma, which according to its advocates, has an extraordinary effect on stamina. I'd bought a batch a few months ago and had been pretty impressed withits effects. I had one sachet left, and was deliberating about buying more. Today decided me. I felt much more energised, and my plan to try a 20 second sprint on every loop of the park, with a view to shaving half a minute off my PB, nearly came off. I may not have managed 22.45, but I did this:
Hilly Fields parkrun results for event #93. Your time was 00:23:27.
Congratulations on completing your 58th parkrun and your 55th at Hilly Fields parkrun today. You finished in 24th place and were the 2nd female out of a field of 70 parkrunners and you came 1st in your age category VW50-54. Take a look at this week's full set of results on our website. Your PB at Hilly Fields parkrun remains 00:23:14. Congratulations on your fastest time this year.
Hurray. Ish. That figure is 23.25.
Next time, 23.10?
The Hillyfields Parkrun is, of course, hilly. Flatter 5ks are much faster. May the ganoderma force be with me at Battersea Park on 11 June.

No comments:

Post a Comment