Thursday 29 May 2014

A pain in the neck

Luckily there were plenty of lying face down activities scheduled for today
29.05.2014

Late nights, rich food, booze, wearisome weather. It's all catching up with this fit old bird, who felt 10 years older this morning as she toiled wearily up the hill to Erik Lee and Team Shape-U.

Like all good PTs, however, Erik, was a font of wisdom. He suggested stretches and moved that would aid, rather than aggravate this persistent neck pain. I am not sure whether it is a trapped nerve, or, as the doctor reckons, arthritis. Erik wonders if it's the fact that I'm running hard miles on tarmac without adequately cushioned shoes.  Whatever it is, it's making me stiff and awkward.

Today, therefore, I did a lot of back strengthening moves on roller and mat, alongside balancing and squatting while moving  arms and shoulders. I yawned throughout. At work it was lunch club, and a delicious, but rich, paneer balti. There was chocolate for pudding, so now I have the sugar plummet (following the rush, during which I took an energising walk round St James's Park). I'm yawning now. I'm making a solemn vow to soak in a tub and get an early night to shake off this lassitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment