Wednesday 14 May 2014

Early doors

Blue skies returned
14.05.2014

Not as early as the title would suggest, I emerged blearily from a troubled night, beaten down with self loathing and the sharpening realisation that my bold resolve is being eroded by little matters like work deadlines and domestic duties. Humdrum, but intractable. Still, small triumphs should be counted, like spilling out of the door and running a quick 15 minutes circuit around Ladywell Fields, covering a couple of miles or so and diving into Tesco to buy a still warm chocolate croissant for dear daughter, who has her Spanish GCSE today. So I am trying to stick to my promise in the teeth of unpromising home conditions. I will do my utmost to nail that 5k PB and try to find ways of upping protein and sleep levels. It's easy to make these promises when the sky is blue. I have cycled to work with unwashed hair and a belly full of illicit cereal. There is much to be addressed. Small steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment