Tuesday 6 May 2014

Bash a tyre, glutes on fire

Erik Lee shows how it's done
06.05.2014

Blearily, I toiled up Vicar's Hill on my bike for my Tuesday training session with Team Shape-U. One of our missions today was to pound a half tyre with a heavy mallet. Fearful of staving in my face with its metal head, I was a little pathetic, to say the least. My fellow trainees, Hyacinth and Joan, really gave that tyre some welly. In fact they led the way in every discipline today. Leg lifts, halo lunges, ball slams, side-to-sides, balance...they ripped it up, while I trailed feebly in their wake.
I'm still weary from my efforts at the Conti Lightning Run  in Derbyshire on Sunday. I sent much of the day exchanging photos, obtaining quotes and generally interacting with my team of powerful women - the Women's Running Team. As Eerik said, I did a lot of cardio over the weekend and now need to look to my strength training and nutrition. Sounds good.
For more on our Conti Lightning Run experience, go to fellow Women's Running Team Captain Laraine Wyn Jones's blog: sixhourmarathonrunnerblogspot.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment