Saturday 3 May 2014

Conti Lightning Run

03.05.2014
In half an hour or so I shall be setting off, tent on back, to catch a train to Burton-on-Trent, where I shall be picked up by a woman called Helen, one of the Women's Running Magazine team taking part in the abovementioned run in Catton Park, Staffordshire. There are five of us, led by me, as magazine contributor and a fellow writer, Laraine Wyn Jones.
Our challenge will be to run as many 10k laps of a cross country course in a 12 hour period from 6am tomorrow. I want to get 14 under our collective belt but fear this is an impossible dream, because three in the team do not reckon to run the distance in under an hour. My personal challenge is to get three done in under 50 mins each. That is hilarious, since my 10k pb is a rather arduous 47mins. Dream on in your tent, daft old bird.

No comments:

Post a Comment