Sunday 18 May 2014

Pastures New

Manchester's Arty Quarter
18.05.2014

In Manchester for  jolly with best friend from Sheffield days. Unexpected sunshine and plenty of sitting around outdoors in nostalgic mood. Despite a pretty tiring Saturday night I was awake betimes, so crept out of our hotel room for a tempo run (mindful that I did not want to keep my companions waiting for breakfast I refrained from running long). I ran to the Withington area, taking in a few 400m bursts of speed and aiming for 7.30-8.15m/m. Truth be told, I stayed in the 8s, but was glad of the workout after uninhibited eating both yesterday and today. I did about 6.5 miles, worked p a sweat and was ready for my big breakfast. Manchester ale at lunchtime, alongside salads and large wodge of bread and butter, followed by large ice cream. More ice cream and biggish dinner tonight. A large tummy is my reward this evening. I've had too many jolly, full fat weekends, so must get back to the drawing board. Still, refuels and recovery tends to result in shorter race times in the long run. Time will tell, Roll on Parkrun.

No comments:

Post a Comment