Friday 23 May 2014

Sitting is the new smoking

But Rufus prefers me seated
23.05.2014

The fitness bible says we should sit as little as possible, and if sitting on ones arse is really as bad for ones health as sucking tobacco smoke into ones lungs, I've smoked a packet today. The only exercise has been in a sitting position - my bike ride from Lewisham to the Strand and back, via New Cross. This evening was spent, seated, listening to a concert in Goldsmiths Deptford Old Town Hall site, in honour of Dmtri Smirnoff's 65th birthday. After which I drank a great deal of vodka so am currently squiffy. And seated on my arse. Work was rather full on, and therefore seated, squinting at a computer screen, although I did manage to escape to the large lavatory for yoga stretches and press ups. So, I suppose, this was a rest day, if mentally gruelling. It ended with a drunken bike ride singing at the top of my voice and a large sufficiency of toast and peanut butter to soak up the vodka. It will be interesting to see how I fare at tomorrow's parkrun. I must get off my arse.

No comments:

Post a Comment