Tuesday 20 May 2014

Shorts stuff

side to side cones in the foreground, skater cones behind
20.05.2014

Fast feet, fast reflexes, a range of quick, explosive movements. training to improve all these very non-me sounding skills will help me achieve speed/endurance dream team. Setting realistic goals is what it's all about, and I think it is realistic to believe I can knock a minute off a 5k. This morning I felt confident of that, as I saw my rep times increase in each circuit. So the skater move (basically a sideways jump using arms like a skater and bringing the following lower leg behind the leading one), I think I nailed quite easily. My side to side shuttles, too, leapt from 24 reps to something like 38, I think. I should be tracking all of this on a graph, (and monitoring my protein intake while I'm at it) but I'm not doing so. Erik said another funny thing this morning. I remarked that Skater was a bit girly. 'That's because you're not doing it right.' was his laconic response. I do like him. Personal trainer and a grandaddy. About my vintage, possibly younger, since he's a Lewisham guy, and grandchildren occur around 40 round here.
So my mood was high post morning training, but evening session with Kent AC left me feeling old and slow again. More circuits, plus 500m relays and a 1000k at speed, when most of the new (young) women overtook me. However, having Andy as my partner helped with the 4x500m relay. We were second. I despair of my pelvic floor, sometimes, though. It was in a dodgy state this evening, but I retained my dignity. More worrying is the fact that warm weather means daring to bare, and the fake tan issue. Although I have vowed in this blog that I'm going to wear my unwontedly brief EVBs and hang the consequences, so I should have the courage to stand by that. I'm sure people aren't as horrified by my fuzzy, freckly legs as I am. Running is not glamorous, although some of those youngsters look just gorgeous in their summer kit.

No comments:

Post a Comment