Thursday 8 May 2014

Running up that hill

Greenwich Park has useful undulations
08.07.2014

That's the hill. The path I take is to the west of it. When training for Snowdonia I circuited the two miles of the park four time as part of each Sunday run. It's time I practised that hill training again, for the Avebury to Stonehenge job in September.
Today I ran up Vicar's Hill to meet Erik, but he'd cancelled the session owing to heavy rain. So I ran on, beyond Hillyfields to more, hillier fields up at Greenwich Park. Hills are as good as intervals for building speed. I was desperately slow again, though. I have this deep, in-skull tiredness that shows in my face, hollowing out my eyes. I am ravenously hungry for much of the time. My guts are complaining vigorously at the amount of sugar I'm consuming and I'm feeling low-level atopic symptoms, evidenced by a constantly dripping, sore nose and stomach disturbances. A heavy work schedule for the next fortnight means I'm going to struggle to recoup the sleep and address the poor eating habits. An effort of willpower is needed. This written in a drinken state post bookclub at 1.30am. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment