Monday 1 December 2014

Etiolated

Dressed to cheer
01.12.2014
Day 231

Rest day, but I feel suspiciously un-achey after yesterday's race. I clearly didn't push myself hard enough, as my 1:25 time would attest. Horrible to be so far down the field like that. How can I get faster? Mood is low, eyes are tired, ear blocked. 

The sky seemed to touch the pavement as I took a constitutional out to photograph a holly tree in preparation for the next 25 Advent tweets. Going outside, which usually helps, seemed a huge effort. Cold, iron grey, squinty light. I should have spent some time in the greenhouse, thinking about the possibility of creating living Christmas presents in time for various gift exchanges. This should have been the day to do plenty of mat work, stretches, squats, bridges. I did a halfhearted plank routine and spent an inordinate amount of time in the bath. Perhaps that's just me 'listening to my body...' My body is shouting out loud for biscuits, toast and tea, all the time. I suspect my body is behaving like a toddler at the sweet counter. My head knows what's good for my body. More sleep, more stretching, fewer biscuits and sandwiches. My body is going to have a tantrum if it can't have another chocolate digestive....

No comments:

Post a Comment