Friday 5 December 2014

Idealistic

Fuelled by Riverford
05.12.2014
Day 235

Cycled to the Unicorn Theatre to review a show, but was nearly too late as faffing. Cycling and mat work was all I had time for today. Mentally and physically below par. 

After seeing the show I cycled into the West End to buy Christmas presents. It was while hefting a basket full of overpriced gewgaws and household items through the hordes of grumpy fellow shoppers in John Lewis that I had a bit of a moment. It is three weeks until Christmas day and I'm anxious. It's not just the consumerism, but the time away from proper life, the piling on of stress and debt when I vowed to keep life simple. Ordering  Riverford was supposed to help with this. There is no need for my training schedule to be compromised by time wasting on Oxford Street. Partying, mince pie consumption and mulled wine overdoses - these are better reasons for falling out of synch with training. But getting stressed over buying friends' presents? That's daft. So here's my advent resolution (how resolutions pile up in this blog!) go with the flow and enjoy it all. Keep running.

No comments:

Post a Comment