Wednesday 3 December 2014

Multitasking

Advent calendar day 3 on Twitter: oh Christmas trees
03.12.2014
Day 233

Late night writing a review, but attempted a head-clearing three miler to Mountsfield, en route to local garden centre on a rabbit-food-buying errand for daughter. Wanted to run the third mile at 7.45 m/m, but marathon pace felt fast and effortful. I am not in the running zone today. My head's a jumble and I can feel the cortisol amassing around my midlifer's trunk.

Fuzzy headed and indecisive, I continue to waste these 'work from home' days. My intention was to cover some proper miles while doing advent preparations, with only theatre reviewing and proofreading duties to chain me to desk. Instead I am taking far too long over every duty, and domestics remain undone. On days like these it's best to admit defeat and concentrate on the first thing that must be achieved, because there is a deadline. It's just distressing that running to clear the head, a benefit I have always extolled, does not seem to be working these days. That, however, is no excuse not to do it. Just remember, running everywhere means you get there faster. So run the errands. I bought the rabbit food, as I had promised. I ran to buy the rabbit food. While buying the rabbit food I bought two Christmas presents. There! Achievements. And my review is online, so are my blogs (the one for Women's Running is up there). And the other stuff? It'll get done.

No comments:

Post a Comment