Friday 26 December 2014

Parkrun tourist

Poole Parkrun is a busy one   
...in a beautiful place


27.12.2014
Day 257

Poole Parkrun. It's flat and fast, so rather depressing not to manage a sub-22. I ran the first mile in 7.03 so would have liked the subsequent two to be of similar speed (they should really be quicker), but evidently not, as I only managed 22:43. So back to the drawing board. I was second in age group and 14th woman out of a field of 415.

A beautiful cold crisp day like this is what Parkrun is all about. After a lumpen couple of days of overeating and drinking, (mindlessly unwrapping Roses and shoving them down, eating second helpings of suet-filled Christmas pud when I didn't even want the first one...etc and more), getting up and out and running a brisk 5km race has left me rosy and optimistic (once I'd recovered from the disappointing time). My Twitter running buddies are all talking about Jantastic, so this is a prompt for me to regroup and reassess my efforts, as the downhill stretch to 26.04.2015 will begin on January 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment