Sunday 14 December 2014

Sweating out the blues (and the booze)

A wholesome woodland scene
14.12.2014
Day 244

The Kent AC long runners met an hour later to allow for any sore heads from last night's Club Christmas shindig. We did 10 miles in a pace that hovered around 8.30-9min/miling, with the final mile on a gradual speed increase (my Garmin registered a 7.30min/mile)

My running buddy and I talked dolefully a little behind the rest of the pack. It was one of those 'bloody men' conversations, we're both pissed off with husbands. Pounding out 10 miles grumpily helps restore equilibrium. I felt delicate and a bit dehydrated, but after a stretch and drink of coconut water at mile five, I finished fleeter and stronger than I dared hope. When you're running well, the rest of bollocky life seems less ghastly. Although I'm back in an office this week, let's see how that treats me.

No comments:

Post a Comment