Wednesday 31 December 2014

The old year shuffles out

 the Great Outdoor Gym, Peckham Rye



31.12.2014
Day 261

A gentle six miler, partly to time how long it takes me to run to Peckham Rye in the morning for Parkrun in the event of icy weather (which precludes biking). Forward planning. Bit of core work pre-run, stretching post. Lavish refuelling to get me through a late night and a spot of potentially hungover racing.

It's the last day of the year, and just about 100 days until VLM. I'll see 2015 in with the last of the mincers and a glass or two of Scotch, then I will continue training seriously.  This is a most absurd day, during which we all pack in as many unhealthy habits as we can, because as midnight chimes in 2015 it'll be all about New Year New Me. I do not think the old me was so bad, though. I vow to spend more time in my local Great Outdoor Gym


No comments:

Post a Comment