Monday 29 December 2014

Rural idyll to urban chaos

Perfect winter morning in Sussex

The dog I love the most


29.12.2014
Day 259

Monday rest day. With a week of limitless eating and drinking under my (straining) belt, I've managed to keep to a rough running schedule. Today I've stretched a little and walked a little, and so far eaten healthily. However, there's a big party tonight. My stomach is distended and starting to complain.

All night long owls hooted into the still frosty air. Sleeping in my brother's beautiful barn conversion, with Peppa the gorgeous pointer my companion for walks, and clear ringing air and pale, rosy winter sunrise, this is a perfect time to focus on what's important in life. We're slaloming gently toward the new year, with special parkruns and a big cross country meet coming up in the next few days. So it's careful fuelling, decent sleep and proper training I should be focusing on, while hosting large numbers of revellers in this chaotic house, and trying not to catch ailing husband's rather laryngeal cold. Lemon, honey and a tot of whiskey to wash down some ibroprufen, let's hope I can escape the lurgy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment