Thursday 4 December 2014

The makeshift coach

The bandstand at Southwark Park


04.12.2014
Day 234
 Erik's training session somewhat truncated by filthy, cold, wet condition. Bike rides to Southwark Par, then Waterloo, and back home, walking Victoria to Chelsea Arts Club. Active, but little running for my own ends.
 
Thursday is Buggy Runners day but this particular Thursday was cold, wet, dark and uninviting.  I was gratified,  therefore, to have two clients. I had them do a range of dynamic drills, then a 7 minute run with a faster finish than start. This proved too much for one of the women, and I worried like hell I was going to have another casualty on my hands (cf last week's BR). She looked pale and clammy, and not a little pissed off. I was most solicitous in seeing she drank and recovered sufficiently, but it was another episode that made me doubt my suitability as coach. I try so hard to make the sessions worthwhile and enjoyable. I so want the women to like me. Perhaps they can see my lack of experience and confidence. I am qualified to do this, but do they think I am? 
At least I am good with the babies.
 I resolve to go and watch one of the other Greenwich coaches to see how I can improve. 

No comments:

Post a Comment