Wednesday 17 December 2014

Antsy

Someone else's jolly office
17.12.2014
Day 247

A long day al desko. My eyes have gone all peepy, because I worry all night and sub all day. My only training was on-the-mat yoga/planking early in the morning, and a couple of brisk walks.

Office life, at least life in a regimented office like the one I'm chained to this week, is not for me. The strict 9am start means the commute kicks off at 7.30am. The fitness is seeping out of me (ok, I'm being a bit overdramatic, I'm only missing a few days' training).
I cannot run into work, but in January, when I am out there for one more week, I may try running back. Professional frustrations and disappointments make you re-assess your life. I am too mature to be a wage slave, too proud to be treated as such a junior, as I am here. There's got to be a more enjoyable way of earning a living. Simplification and paring down, I feel sure, is the answer. I say this every year, but here goes...after the Christmas madness I'll sort out my life.
'One of these days I'll get myself organisised....' (Robert de Niro Taxi Driver)

No comments:

Post a Comment