Tuesday 10 March 2015

(Wo) man shall not live by bread alone

Punch a way into the day
Climb some hills, like a happy dog

10.03.2015
Day 329
Bad sleep. Dragged body through plank & bridge series as per. Cycled to Hillyfields for Erik session, cycled to Greenwich for dogwalking. Evening at track: 1m warm up; strides; 5x1000m with 200m active jogging recoveries: 1m warmdown. Bad IBS and fatigue.

Would that I could. Live on bread I mean. The only food that I really look forward to is grain based. Breakfast of muesli or porridge, toast and peanut butter could be repeated a further three times per day and I would not tire of it. I force myself to eat other things – my fruit and veg, cheese, eggs – but I'd happily love on toast and peanut butter. According to the health media I may as well have a crack habit. My bread/cereal addiction is responsible for the shape I'm in, the gut disorders I suffer, the sleep I miss out on, the glow I lack, the stomach that protrudes, the fatigue I carry around with me.

Apart from refusing to eat dead creatures (although I'm fully aware that the dairy industry oversees the killing of millions of calves annually to keep me in (organic) yogurt),  I have little patience with exclusion diets, but I know that I must curb my enthusiasm for carbs, stop attempting to live on toast alone and make with the protein. It would perhaps see the end to my writing these blogs of an evening while doubled up with griping pains and ominous rumblings within.

No comments:

Post a Comment