Thursday 5 March 2015

Sneaking out to run


Would have been wonderful to run this spring morning, but it was under cover of darkness today
05.03.2015
Day 323

Slow cycle commute, the usual 14m there and back, then, in the evening, Ted's Kent AC tempo run training: warm up, drills and 5-6 miles at marathon race pace

As my body take its time to recover from this lurgy, there's no chance i can tempo run like I tempo ran four weeks ago: the last Thursday I found myself in the fortunate position of being able to run without anyone else in the household knowing. With exasperated partner and unwittingly demanding daughter safely out at a concert, I could indulge myself with the Thursday marathon training session, the clock watching, not speedy, but sustained effort medium length run. However, the eight days I've had away from running have left me soft and short of breath. I wasn't able to speak to my training partner when I hit the 8m/m mark, which I should by now be able to keep up for 6-10miles. Even 8.30 m/m felt like a big effort.
Still, I've broken my running fast; it did not feel too bad, and I've eaten well to recover. The best thing is that I was back, had eaten dinner and bathed before the others returned. For all they know I've had a quiet night in. Glad I haven't.


No comments:

Post a Comment