Thursday 19 March 2015

All that is not solid melts into air

Erik and Peeping Tom
from my tempo run riverward
19.03.2015
Day 338
Erik session: ball slams, blades, up and over, balance, touch down and peeping Tom; followed by 8 mile tempo run, 8.15-8.45 m/m

The blog I had already written for today has melted into thin air, so now I am hacked off. It was not solid enough. I'm amused by the names Erik gives to his various exercises. Peeping Tom is a running backward and forward, with lunge, as if peeping over someone's sill and running away when they catch sight of you, but backwards, for the glutes. Mine certainly ache, but I don't think it was Peeping Tom that caused it, more like the somewhat gruelling run afterwards. I have tried to eat a lot more protein today, to feed the muscles, because I feel those, too are melting into air, and leaving my tired unelastic flesh, falling away from the bone, as it inevitably will do, with time.

No comments:

Post a Comment