Friday 20 March 2015

Spring into action

Media's out in force for an eclipse glimpse
20.03.2015
Day 339

Rest/coaching day: cycle, walking and home-based strength training

The day waxed dark and cool as the moon apparently passed over the sun for the first time since 1999. Sadly, cloud cover put paid to many sharp intakes of breath, but the crowds gathered at the observatory, for to observe the gathering gloom. An American newsman spoke to camera about the excitement about nothing.
Meanwhile, I had eleven mamas and babies to put through their paces. I tried splitting them into two teams for resistance band biceps, alternated with lunges, with a sprint and high-five and stretch in the middle. I shall make them do it again next week, in the hope they become familiar with those sorts of intervals.
I also had the longrunners/short runners sprint and steps, which I'd worked out last week. That seemed quite good.
I have succumbed to media events and drinking this evening, which is bad, as I am supposed to be off the sauce until the marathon, and it's Parkrun tomorrow. I shall hate myself in the morning, but provided I make it to Hillyfields and run, there will be an endorphin-based reward.
Perhaps only one drink, tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment