Wednesday 11 March 2015

Step away from the granola

On reflection....
11.03.2015
Day 330

No running, just the morning 15-minute strength series (planks, crunches, bridges etc) and a lot of dog walking

It was daft to buy a large pack of sweet, nutty 'granola style cereal' from Aldi, empty it into a large jar, then try to partake of it sensibly. I eat too much of it at breakfast time. One bowl is never enough. To compound the problem, I stand at the counter and dip my hand into that great big jar of crunchy pleasure to try to satiate the great gnawing hunger that's been distracting me all day. I know there are nasty things in this granola: most probably glouose/fructose syrup alongside the sugar. Too much grain and carbs, again.
I recently signed up to an environmental newletter, name of Treehugger, because that's how I describe myself. Big animal lover, car refuser, plant eater. I love what Michael Pollan has to say, but why can't I reflect on this when I'm mindlessly stuffing cereal and peanut butter down my maw, between meals?

No comments:

Post a Comment