Friday 23 January 2015

Time on your feet

Looks summery, doesn't it? It was taken this cold frosty day in Greenwich Park
23.01.2015
Day 284

A run out with Kent AC buddy, about 7 miles, and One Tree Hill and Vicar's Hill both involving steeps and steps, then led the Greenwich Buggy Runners class, and walked back (another couple of miles, all told)

Is it time on your feet, or quality miles run, that makes all the difference to your marathon PB? Recent domestic and professional (and, it must be admitted, social/drinking) events have meant my eye has been taken off the prize, with the consequence that the Training Seriously aspect of this blog has a hollow ring to it. However, if every day could be like today (and if I ruled the world, etc) I'd definitely have the Time On My Feet nailed. At monster month I would like to be running more than 20 miles for Long, Slow Sunday, and (about) double that in the other five days. So a high mileage week might be 66 miles. That is a great many more than the training achieved for Mallorca (which was disappointingly slow), I need to make that 8.30 tempo easy and relaxing, not a huge effort.
It is do-able, if I brazen it out, ignore husband's raised eyebrows and 'not another run!' comments, decide to give up drinking and carousing, and continue 'working from home' (or working as little as possible).
Self indulgent? Yes but there are only 12 weeks to go, and three of them are taper. I can hold it together until then....

No comments:

Post a Comment