Saturday 31 January 2015

Parkrun despair

Jon Barron celebrates his hundredth Parkrun, so Adele bakes in his honour
31.01.2015
Day 292
Huge fatigue this morning, despite no running yesterday. Achey hips now. Parkrun (5km, hills) with a mile warm up/down either side, then a walk to get the dog, Colby, from Greenwich (x2) about 8 miles walking in total, I think.

Hilly Fields parkrun results for event #130. Your time was 00:24:01. 

The day I beat my Hillyfields Parkrun result, I'll put the wording in red. Pretty disappointed with that time, if I'm honest. It was heavy going this morning. The day dawned iron grey and bone chillingly  bitter, with flurries of snow. In tough Kent AC style, I removed both jacket and fleece and ran bare armed, but the legs proved unequal to the muddy hills. What's fascinating is watching the people overtaking me, they seem to be strolling. Noone seems to use the full potential capacity of their legs. That must mean that my legs look even more ineffectual. The mantra I fixed for myself (with the help of Martin Yelling in Men's Running)' loose, low shoulders, high, aligned hips' did not stop me looking like Mrs Overall when I ran the hill for the third time. I tried my 'Carly Arms' I coughed and breathed out while contracting pelvic floor, but the body was not a sub-23 body today. Back to oft-visited drawing board. Jon, the guy in the picture, about 7 years my senior, continues to improve. His PB stands at 21:38.  Meanwhile the likes of Ros Tabor, Claire Elms and Angie at Dulwich Runners post 5K times I can only dream of, and two of them are older than me.

No comments:

Post a Comment