Friday 9 January 2015

My head

Lunch hour: a walk in Epping Forest

09.01.2015
Day 270

Having gone to bed just three hours before I got up this morning, this day was never going to be a good one. It's auspicious because I vowed, in the depths f my despair, I will never work on tedious homes magazines, in unfriendly offices, far away, again. So I put my aching head to work, hatching plans to keep it above water.

To be at your fittest you need to look after your mood. This week has been a low point, because working days were spent squinting at layouts and trying to conform to office world. Hunched at a desk, trying to keep myself awake with instant coffee and sweet treats to make the day go faster, the vices inside my head kept asking what part of training seriously I was fulfilling today. A whole day written off to depression, low self esteem and brain grinding fatigue. My poor, poor head. It throbs. I would rather be even poorer than go back to work here again.

No comments:

Post a Comment