Saturday 24 January 2015

Thriving, not just surviving,as you face the menopause

Another Greenwich morning
24.01.2015
Day 285

Walked to Greenwich to spend the day discovering how enhancing one's diet, activity levels and thinking practices can help one 'power through the menopause'.  Undemanding exercise routine and plenty of wholesome food eaten.

Thrive Alive took place today. It was all about how good eating, exercise and mindfulness can help us achieve balance when our midlife hormones threaten to  topple us. Food for thought, as well as vat amounts of food to eat. If there was one message I took away from the day it was that by this stage of my life, I deserve to put my health at the top of my prorities. Life is getting longer for all of us, but to spend all those extra years not feeling great, when we could be feeling fantastic, is a tragic waste. Menopause does not mean the end of vim and vigour; it is simply the end of menstruation. Ellie presented Kate, Caroline and I as women whose perimenopausal years have seen us running faster and stronger than when we were in our supposed prime. That is something to celebrate.


No comments:

Post a Comment