Tuesday 20 January 2015

Brass monkeys

Frosted Mayow Park
It was a very cold day
20.01.2015
Day 281
An extremely chilled cycle ride to Sydenham on a few domestic errands and to use the TGOGC apparatus in the park there, in the absence of an Erik training session. The others said it was too cold, the wusses. This evening, Kent AC training, which was 1 mile warm up, 1 mile at 5km pace, then to Ladywell Fields for the 12 lampost run. Then a mile warm down.

As the winter chill seeped into my bones while trying to work here in the draughty study, the inclination to get back into running tights and jog to the track for 7pm, in dark and cold, seeped out of me. I was indeed the wuss, or in danger of being. It was a question of launching autopilot and getting out there. Yet, as usual, catching up (or not, in the case of the faster ones), with clubrunning friends was a positive pleasure. The group is so huge now, we're like a huge party in the park. New faces pop up every week. It is the best way to combat the winter blues, although morning running, at this time of year, helps with SAD.
This evening I set the timer for 10 minutes and stretched, properly, for that time. I hope that will make a difference to what I fear is tendonitis.
Oh, and look at this
Our team's Kenty County champs cup. I am the first to look after it



No comments:

Post a Comment