Wednesday 14 January 2015

Second nature

Perfect winter weather for recovery miles
14.01.2015
Day 275

On a mission to increase weekly mileage, I rang my running buddy and arranged to meet at Hillyfields. We did the Deptford/Greenwich/Blackheath  circular, depositing me back at home just under an hour later, 7 miles completed. I also cycled up the steep hill to the care home, where godmother is ensconced.


Today I read some of Danny Dreyer's Chi Running  book. I did a course on the subject and blogged/wrote a feature about it back in 2011. What is most attractive about running the Chi way is that it's supposed to be relaxed and effortless. I like the warming up exercises and the mindset that goes with it. I'm hoping to be able to familiarise myself with some of the exercises and incorporate them into my coaching. These coaches in NorthAmerica are always lucky enough to live in beautiful places and combine trail running, philosophising and making money. It would be good to be so happy in ones running skin. Still, I did feel a certain joie de vivre, running along the wide Thames, reflecting blue under the clear winter sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment