Wednesday 28 January 2015

All that junk


Pause to admire the aconites



28.01.2015
Day 289

Although the plan on the fridge has Wednesday as a rest day, I'm still out of synch with it, because of nights and dog duties out over the coming weekend. I predict Sunday may be not such a valuable Long Slow Run. So today I ran easy (very easy, hate the word jog, though) four miles over to Hillyfields before breakfast.

Either the punishing green smoothie, or the punishing 5x1000m on the track, or the ill-advised inhaling of food not very mindfully, disrupted my sleep last night. My stomach hurt, it was all distended and bloated. A positive gale under the bedclothes. Poor husband.
After such insomnia and related ignominy, I resolved to run it all out this morning, then sit down to a 'mindful' breakfast.
'Before you take your first bite, enjoy the fragrance and look of your food'
....hmmm porridge does not look so nice
'Eat slowly, chew 40 times'
Yuck, that is revolting with a dish that's pretty pappy anyway.
Hunger trounces mindfulness and I've moved on to the Crunchy Nut Cornflakes before you can say FOFBOC (that stands for Feet On Floor, Bottom On Chair). Yes. all those parts of the body are on the surfaces prescribed, but I'm not being mindful, just shovelling cereal, once again. Ho hum. 

No comments:

Post a Comment