Sunday 25 January 2015

Mindful on the long run

Check out @ronnie_haydon's Tweet: https://twitter.com/ronnie_haydon/status/559317324919234560?s=09

25.01.2015
Day 286
The Long Sunday Run was 11 miles, starting at Greenwich Park, necessitating a very chilly bike ride either side. Managed to stick on the 8.30-8.45m/m spectrum, which is too fast for the time I am supposed to be training for.

We're a fast group, which may pay dividends when I come to run inside my comfort zone as these Sunday runs become longer. It's a fine line between running comfortably and feeling confident abut achieving the 3:45 (an impossible dream?) and being more textbook/training plan, and keeping the LSR pace conservative. There's a lot of talk, in my marathon training group, about specific plans, so I must compose mine and commit to it....mindfully. 

No comments:

Post a Comment